Solar development in the Netherlands
Private or public land owners in the Netherlands can now reap the benefits of generating solar energy.
This is due to the dropping costs of solar system components and broader state support measures such as the SDE+ subsidy (Stimulation of Sustainable Energy Generation), which made the Netherlands a country with growing potential for large-scale solar power plants.
Statkraft leases land to develop, construct and operate solar power plants. This enables private and public landowners to lower CO2 emissions and increase their income, while contributing to the generation of local renewable power and helping in the Dutch energy transition.
The advantages of working with Statkraft
- A company with over 120 years of experience in large-scale renewable energy generation.
- Financially stable as a Norwegian state-owned company. No external project financing required, e. g. from banks, so that we can start constructing your solar park quickly.
- A responsible and reliable partner with high standards of quality and business ethics.
- Simple and clear processes that reduce the effort on your behalf.
- Statkraft is not only a developer of new installations, but is also a major player in electricity trading. Within one company we know how to supply the generated solar power to the grid or to nearby offtakers.
- We lease the land for a period of more than 20 years, whereby thereafter the land can be reused for its original purpose.
- Additional, safe and long-term income for your land.