Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group generates electricity from hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a significant player in energy trading and has 3,400 employees in 16 countries.
More facts about Statkraft
- Wholly owned by the Norwegian state, Statkraft is a reliable partner with an A- credit rating
- A significant player on the European energy exchanges with cutting-edge expertise in physical and financial energy trading and origination
- Owns and operates 353 power plants with a total installed capacity of 19,080 MW
- Total annual power production of 62.6 TWh
- Significant wind power developer
- The Group's gross sales amounted to EUR 15.693 billion in 2017
Statkraft in the Netherlands
The Statkraft Amsterdam office was established 1998. The activities carried out from here today range from emissions and green certificate trading to the development, construction and management of large solar installations in the Netherlands and other European countries.
As Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, Statkraft will continue to play a substantial role in driving forward developments in the renewables industry both in the Netherlands and other markets around the world.